Vegan food in Benihana? Here’s what you need to know
People dine at Benihana for the theater – the chefs will prepare your dinner at the table. And as the vegan revolution continues, people who have given up on meat, dairy and eggs can enjoy the same experience, as this traditional Japanese sushi and steak restaurant now offers delicious dishes without original ingredients. animal.
Here are the vegan options in Benihana that you must try:
- Edamame: The beans are served hot and sprinkled with sea salt.
- Seaweed salad: This savory salad is seasoned with soy sauce, sesame and lemon.
- Benihana salad: This dish combines crunchy greens, red cabbage, carrots and grape tomatoes in a tangy, homemade ginger dressing.
- Brown rice
- White rice
- Vegetable roll: This roll is stuffed with green leaves, avocado, cucumber, red cabbage and yamagobo. (Let me save you a Google search – yamagobo is the root of Japanese pickled burdock.)
- Cucumber roll: This is a classic roll filled with cucumber.
- Spicy tofu steak *
- Fried rice: This dish is not on the menu, but the restaurant will prepare it especially for vegans. Just be sure to specify that you want it with veg instead of chicken and eggs.
- Imperial salad: This garden salad includes edamame, grape tomatoes, cucumber, yellow pepper and an assortment of other fresh vegetables.
* The house spicy sauce contains a vegan “supreme beef flavor”.
Vegan salad dressings
Garnish your dishes with these vegan dressings:
- Wasabi dressing
- ginger dressing
- Balsamic vinegar and oil
Pro tip: Many online reviews indicate that the chiefs of Benihana are keen to respond to vegan customers. Make sure to let them know that you appreciate their effort – they may even cook something really special for you.
Looking for more vegan options at popular restaurants? Check out PETA’s guide to ordering vegan food at chain restaurants. And if you’re ready to do something good for animals, your health, and the environment, go vegan today!